Tuesday 28 October 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rose Dorrance Besar and Bernhard Wicki.
Scarlet Days, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1919 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Bernhard Wicki: St. Polten, Austria -- Director / actor (Crime & Passion).
- Rose Dorrance Besar
- Rose Besar: American business consultant, journalist and writer.
- Bernard Wicki: Austrian actor and film director.
- Walt Hansgen: American race car driver (d. 1966).
- Hans Klenk: German race car driver (d. 2009).
- The U.S. Congress passes the Volstead Act over President Woodrow Wilson's veto, paving the way for Prohibition to begin the following January.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mandy - Shannon Four
- Breeze (Blow My Baby Back to Me) - American Quartet