Tuesday 29 August 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joel Schumacher and Robert Ferguson.
The Rains Came, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1939 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Joel Schumacher: American director producer and screenwriter.
- William Friedkin: Chicago, Illinois -- Dir (Exorcist, Cruising, French Connection).
- Robert Ferguson: American athlete, pro football player, he won the Heisman trophy in 1961.
- Bibi Rovère: French jazz bassist (double bass, contrabass, acoustic upright bass).
- Jolán Kleiber-Kontsek: Hungarian discus thrower and shot putter.
- Chaim Weizmann informs England that Palestine Jews will fight in war.