Thursday 29 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudine Longet and Richard Needham.
Ride 'Em Cowboy, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1942 ?
- Claudine Longet: France -- Former Mrs Andy Williams / singer.
- Richard Needham: British Member of Parliament.
- Jean Wadoux: French middle distance runner, who competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics in the 1500m event and at the 1968 Summer Olympics in the 5000m and finished in ninth place on both occasions.
- Katharine Ross in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (The Graduate, Francesca - The Colbys).
- Arnaldo Tamayo-Mendez in Cuba cosmonaut (Soyuz 38): first Cuban in space.
- Robin Morgan in Lake Worth: Florida, USA; actress (Dagmar - Mama).
- F R: Hartley; Vice-Chancellor (Cranfield University).
- Ladislao Joseph Philip Paul Zavrtal: Composer, dies at 92.
- German and Italian troops occupy Benghazi.
- Peru and Ecuador sign Protocol of Rio (boundary determination).