Sunday 25 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eusébio and Eusebio .
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1942 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Eusébio : Mozambican-Portuguese footballer (d. 2014).
- Shinobu Tsukasa: Japanese organized crime figure.
- Eusebio : Portuguese footballer.
- Carl Eller: American football player and sportscaster.
- Kenichi Shinoda: Japanese mob boss.
- Eugene Samuel-Holeman: Composer, dies at 78.
- Lieutenant General Rommels African corps reaches Msus
- World War II: Thailand declares war on the United States and United Kingdom.