Wednesday 14 January 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Hellier and Carol Bellamy in Planfield.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1942 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Pierre Hellier
- Carol Bellamy in Planfield: New Jersey, USA; City Council President-Democrat-New York City, 1978-85.
- Amichand Rajbansi: South African politician.
- Carol Bellamy: Educator.
- Ian Brayshaw: Australian cricketer and footballer.
- Porfirio Barba-Jacob: Colombian poet and author (d. 1942).
- Japanese troops land at oil center Balikpapan in Borneo.