Tuesday 6 January 1942, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1942, UK date format: 6/1/1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Lynn Alexander .
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1942 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- 1st around world flight (Pan Am Pacific Clipper)
- Bob Feller, enlists in Navy and reports for duty to Norfolk Virginia
- First around world flight (Pan Am "Pacific Clipper").
- Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.