Friday 23 January 1942US date format: 1/23/1942, UK date format: 23/1/1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Pébereau and Ivan Ivanovich.
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1942 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Michel Pébereau: French businessman.
- Ivan Ivanovich: Bachurin; cosmonaut.
- Razzak: Bangladeshi actor and director.
- Willy Bogner, Jr.: Designer.
- Abdur Razzak: Indian-Bangladeshi actor and producer.
- Japanese troops occupy Rabaul, New Britain.
- Tank battle at Adzjedabia, African corps versus British army.
- World War II: The Battle of Rabaul begins, the first fighting of the New Guinea campaign.