Sunday 4 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu John McLaughlin.
Spooks Run Wild, directed by Phil Rosen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1942 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- John McLaughlin: English guitarist and songwriter (The Tony Williams Lifetime Mahavishnu Orchestra Shakti and Remember Shakti).
- Mahavishnu John McLaughlin: Musician.
- Bolaji Akinyemi: Nigerian political scientist academic and politician.
- Leon Jessel: Composer, dies at 70.
- Premier Churchill and General Marshall fly to Florida
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 35-24.
- Rogers Hornsby is 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame.