Sunday 29 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Dunham and Felix Cavaliere.
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1942 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Ann Dunham: American noted family member, the mother of US President Barack Obama.
- Felix Cavaliere: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer (The Rascals).
- Maggie Thompson: American author and critic.
- Chatrichalerm Yukol: Thai director producer and screenwriter.
- John Grillo: English actor and playwright.
- Nancy Poydar: American author and illustrator of children's books, Poydar began her career as an elementary school teacher.
- Philippe Huttenlocher: Swiss opera singer.
- Boyd Wagner: First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942).
- US rations coffee
- The Blue Star Line cargo liner
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Can't Get Out of This Mood - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?