Sunday 29 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Dunham and Felix Cavaliere.
Pittsburgh, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1942 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Ann Dunham: American noted family member, the mother of US President Barack Obama.
- Felix Cavaliere: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer (The Rascals).
- Nancy Poydar: American author and illustrator of children's books, Poydar began her career as an elementary school teacher.
- Maggie Thompson: American author and critic.
- Eric Shinseki: Soldier.
- John Grillo: English actor and playwright.
- Chatrichalerm Yukol: Thai director producer and screenwriter.
- Philippe Huttenlocher: Swiss opera singer.
- Boyd Wagner: First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942).
- US rations coffee
- The Blue Star Line cargo liner