Saturday 2 August 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Pineapple Express, directed by David Gordon Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2008 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 August
- Fujio Akatsuka: Japanese cartoonist (Born 1935).
- Latvia holds a constitutional referendum on whether to allow referendums on dissolving parliament and calling early elections. Although the result was invalidated, as turnout did not meet the 50% threshold, the results (96% in favour of the change) is considered likely to press politicians to adopt a similar measure nonetheless. (Reuters)
- Two climbers from an international expedition perish after ice fall on K2 mountain in the Himalayas, and six members of the team have gone missing. (BBC News)
- The International Olympic Committee strips the United States 2000 Summer Olympics 4×400 metre relay team of their gold medal after team member Antonio Pettigrew admits to doping. (Reuters)
- Members of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation meet to discuss trade, terrorism, and poverty. Tensions between India and Pakistan threaten to overshadow the eight-nation gathering. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?