Wednesday 5 June 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Rudan and Colleen LaRose.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Reef, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1963 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Joe Rudan: Hungarian heavy metal singer.
- Colleen LaRose: American criminal.
- Joe Rudán: Hungarian singer and bass player (Pokolgép and P. Mobil).
- Princess Marijke changes her name to Christina
- State of siege proclaimed in Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini arrested
- British Secretary of State for War John Profumo resigns in a sex scandal known as the Profumo Affair.
- Movement of 15 Khordad: Protest against arrest of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini by Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In several cities, masses of angry demonstrators are confronted by tanks and paratroopers.
- The first annual NHL draft is held in Montreal, Quebec.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?