Thursday 6 June 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Reef, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1963 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Jason Isaacs: English actor.
- Eric Cantor: American lawyer and politician.
- Wolfgang Drechsler: German scholar author and academic.
- Ahmed Johnson: American football player wrestler and actor.
- Dariusz Kubicki: Polish footballer and coach.
- Dannette Leininger: Kailua, Hawaii -- Team handball wing (1992, 96 Olympics)
- Vladimir Ruzicka: Hockey forward (Team Czech Olympics - Gold - 1998)
- Gasunie established
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?