Sunday 26 November 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Orpheus, directed by Jean Cocteau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1950 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:26 November
- Hedwig Courts-Mahler: German author, dies at 83.
- China enters Korean conflict, sending troops across Yalu River.
- Korean War: Troops from the People's Republic of China launch a massive counterattack in North Korea against South Korean and United Nations forces (Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River and Battle of Chosin Reservoir), ending any hopes of a quick end to the conflict.
- Colombo Plan for Co-operative Economic Development in South and South-East Asia
- Greece and Yugoslavia reform diplomatic relations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?