Sunday 12 November 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Fairchild and Kaoru Yumi.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1950 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
Famous Birthdays:12 November
- Gene Roberts sets NFL New York Giants rushing record (218 yards) against Chicago Cardinals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?