Sunday 31 May 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arc Rise Fantasia or Battlefield 1943.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 31 May 2009 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 May
- The People's Justice Party wins the by-election in Penanti, Penang, Malaysia. (''Bernama'')
- Russian cyclist Denis Menchov wins the 2009 Giro d'Italia in Rome, Italy. (''New York Times'')
- Late-term abortion provider George Tiller is shot and killed in Wichita, Kansas, United States. (''The Wichita Eagle'')
- South Ossetia holds its parliamentary election. (Al Jazeera)
- Six people are killed during battle between Hamas militants and the Palestinian National Authority's Preventive Security Service in the West Bank. (BBC)
- Two men are charged with plotting to assassinate former Hong Kong Democratic Party Chairman Martin Lee. (AFP via News Limited)
- At least 44 inmates escape from a prison in Bagua Grande, Peru. (BBC)
- A man steals €6 million in jewellery from Chopard in Paris, France. (BBC)
- Thousands of demonstrators gather in Hong Kong to commemorate the upcoming anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre of June 4, 1989. (BBC)
- At least 72 protesters are arrested after battling with the National Police Agency in Seoul, South Korea. (''The Korea Times'')
- Robin Söderling of Sweden defeats world-number-one, four-time French Open and defending champion Rafael Nadal of Spain in tennis's 2009 French Open. (The Telegraph)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?