Wednesday 13 May 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 May 2009 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 May
- United States President Barack Obama proclaims May 2009 as Jewish American Heritage Month. (White House)
- Pope Benedict XVI advocates the creation of a Palestinian state. (BBC)
- The European Commission fines Intel Corporation €1.06 billion for anti-competitive practices. (BBC)
- The United Nations reports that Somalia is experiencing its worst drought since the 1990s. (BBC)
- Artillery shelling kills 50 people and injures 40 more at a hospital in Sri Lanka's war zone. (Sky News)
- A suicide attack at FOB Salerno kills seven civilians and injures 21 more in Khost, Afghanistan. (MSNBC)
- The Emancipation Movement and the Army battle in Nigeria's Niger Delta. (CNN)
- Pixar's ''Up'' becomes the first animated film to open the Cannes Film Festival. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?