Thursday 21 May 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Film Riot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Beatles: Rock Band or Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 May 2009 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 May
- Linda Fleming, 66-year-old US woman with advanced cancer, becomes the first person to die under a new assisted suicide law in Washington State.
- The US Mint releases the 2009 John Tyler Presidential dollar coin to circulation.
- Four men are arrested for planning to bomb two synagogues and destroy military aircraft in New York, United States. (Sky News)
- Egyptian businessman Hisham Talaat Moustafa is convicted of murdering Lebanese pop singer Suzanne Tamim. (CNN)
- A man who entered the President's official residence in Belgrade, Serbia, with at least one hand grenade surrenders. (CNN)
- Her Majesty's Government will allow retired Gurkhas who served in the Armed Forces to settle in the United Kingdom. (CNN)
- Apa Sherpa summits Mount Everest for the 19th time. (''Salt Lake Tribune'')
- Israel evicts Jewish settlers from a hilltop in the West Bank. (Reuters)
- The U.S. develops a framework to provide the United Arab Emirates with nuclear energy. (White House)
- The Communist Party kills 16 police officers near Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?