Saturday 23 May 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Film Riot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit.Trip Beat or Colin McRae: Dirt 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 May 2009 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 May
- Roh Moo-hyun: South Korean soldier and politician 9th President of South Korea (d. 2009).
- Former President of South Korea Roh Moo-hyun, under investigation for alleged bribery during his presidential term, commits suicide.
- Fourteen people are killed as a King Air 350 crashes near Trancoso, Bahia, Brazil. (AFP via ABC News)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon demands better humanitarian aid for 250,000 war refugees in Sri Lanka. (CNN)
- The Army and the Taliban battle in Mingora, Swat, Pakistan. (Al Jazeera)
- Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun commits suicide. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Madagascar's political parties agree to establish a provisional government and a truth/reconciliation commission. (BBC)
- A car bomb kills at least six people and injures 70 others in Peshawar, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Germany's Federal Assembly re-elects Horst Köhler as President. (Deutsche Welle)
- United States President Barack Obama nominates former astronaut Charles F. Bolden, Jr. as Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?