Sunday 1 February 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Oliver .
Die Insel der Seligen, directed by Max Reinhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1914 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ken Oliver: British jump racing horse trainer; the most successful trainer of jumpers ever to have been based in Scotland.
- Pennsylvania State Board of [motion picture] Censors appointed.
- Tanganyika Railway opens.
- New York Giants and Chicago White Sox play an exhibition baseball game in Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Girl I Left Behind Me - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- When It's Apple Blossom time in Normandy - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
- Peg O' My Heart - Walter Van Brunt
- If We Were On Our Honeymoon - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?