Sunday 1 February 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne de Funès and Ken Oliver.
Mabel's Strange Predicament, directed by Mabel Normand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1914 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Jeanne de Funès
- Ken Oliver: British jump racing horse trainer; the most successful trainer of jumpers ever to have been based in Scotland.
- Pennsylvania State Board of [motion picture] Censors appointed.
- Tanganyika Railway opens.
- New York Giants and Chicago White Sox play an exhibition baseball game in Egypt.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Walter Van Brunt
- When It's Apple Blossom time in Normandy - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
- The Girl I Left Behind Me - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- If We Were On Our Honeymoon - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison