Wednesday 1 July 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christl Cranz and Magda Gabor.
Held for Ransom, directed by Clarence Bricker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1914 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Christl Cranz
- Cristyl Cranz: Germany -- Slalom (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Magda Gabor: Budapest, Hungary -- Actress (People vs.
- Earle Warren: American jazz musician, an alto & baritone saxophone and clarinet player, and singer, best known for his work with the Count Basie band.
- P Kandiah: Ceylonese academic and politician (d. 1960).