Wednesday 1 November 1939US date format: 11/1/1939, UK date format: 1/11/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 1, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Kouchner and Barbara Bosson in Belle Vernon.
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1939 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Bernard Kouchner: French politician, Minister of Health in...
- Barbara Bosson in Belle Vernon: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Fay - Hill...
- Barbara Bosson: American actress and singer.
- 1st animal conceived by artificial insemination (rabbit) displayed
- 1st jet plane, Heinkel He 178, demonstrated to German Air Ministry
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Sertum laetitiae
- The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.
- 2 ampndash WWII: Physicist Hans Ferdinand Mayer writes the Oslo Report on German weapons systems and passes it to the British Secret Intelligence Service.