Tuesday 1 November 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harald Quandt and John Willard Peterson.
Be My Wife, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1921 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Harald Quandt: German entrepreneur and industrialist, stepson of Joseph Goebbels.
- John Willard Peterson: Composer.
- Ilse Aichinger: Austria -- Author.
- Jan Tausinger: Composer.
- Wadih Safi: Lebanese singer-songwriter oud player and actor (d. 2013).
- John Peterson: American pilot and songwriter (d. 2006).
- John W Peterson: American songwriter (d. 2006).
- National Birth Control League & Voluntary Parenthood League merge as American Birth Control League