Friday 1 November 1940US date format: 11/1/1940, UK date format: 1/11/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 1, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hellmuth Costard and Bobby Heenan.
Bitter Sweet, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1940 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Hellmuth Costard: German film director.
- Bobby Heenan
- Beth Fowler
- Roger Kellaway: American pianist and composer.
- Barry Sadler: singer (Green Berets), dies at age 49 in...
- Ramesh Lahoti: Indian lawyer and jurist 35th Chief...
- Bruce Grocott: Baron Grocott English academic and...
- 1st US air raid shelter, Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
- Dutch Curfew forms (12 AM - 4 AM)
- First US air raid shelter, Fleetwood, Pennsylvania.