Monday 2 February 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicolas Roland Payen and Eric Kierans.
Sawdust and Salome, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1914 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Nicolas Roland Payen
- Eric Kierans: Canadian economist and politician 1st Canadian Minister of Communications (d. 2004).
- Charles Chaplin makes his film début in the comedy short ''Making a Living''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Tango Moon - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh You Million Dollar Doll - Peerless Quartet