Monday 2 February 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include An Wang and Raymond Daudel.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1920 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- An Wang: Founder (Wang Labs, Wang Computers).
- Raymond Daudel: French theoretical and quantum chemist.
- Helmut Bauer: Germany Military man.
- Tarto / Dorpat peace treaty: USSR recognizes Estonian independence
- Estonia declares its Independence from Russia (Dorpat Peace).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?