Thursday 2 January 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Decaunes and Anna Lee.
Mama, directed by Andrés Muschietti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1913 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Luc Decaunes
- Anna Lee: British actress (Born 1913).
- Gardner Read: Evanston, Illinois -- Composer.
- Juanita E: Jackson Mitchell US head (NAACP).
- Ernest Sidey: British air marshal.
- Juanita Mitchell: American lawyer and activist (d. 1992).
- Leon Teisserenc de Bort: French meteorologist (Born 1855).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt