Sunday 2 June 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Bernard Gieles and Jan Gieles.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1918 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jan Bernard Gieles
- Kathryn Tucker Windham: American writer and storyteller.
- Jan Gieles: Dutch astrologer.
- Ellis Williamson: American military, the major general who led the first Army combat troops into South Vietnam.
- Ruth Atkinson: Canadian-American illustrator (d. 1997).
- Kathryn Windham: American journalist and author (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?) - Al Jolson
- N Everything - Al Jolson
- K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song) - Billy Murray
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Prince's Orchestra
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Orpheus Quartet