Sunday June 02, 1918
US date format: 6/2/1918, UK date format: 2/6/1918
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jan Bernard Gieles and Jan Gieles.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 02, 1918?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 02, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Orpheus Quartet - Some Day They're Coming Home Again
- Prince's Orchestra - Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight
- Billy Murray - K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song)
- Al Jolson - N Everything
- Al Jolson - Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?)