Tuesday 3 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Paul and Montel Williams.
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 3 July 1956 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Henri Paul: French acting Security Director of the Ritz Hotel in Paris, took the wheel to act as driver for Princess Diana and Dodi El Fayad on the evening of 31 August 1997.
- Montel Williams: American TV personality with his own daytime talk show entitled The Montel Williams Show.
- Vincent Margera: American sex offender (d. 2015).
- Eddie Edwards: South Africa -- Tennis star.
- Don Vito: American Viva La Bam castmember.
- Richard Meeker: American shooting victim from a noted family, the only child of American actress Mary Tyler Moore whom she had with her first husband Richard Carleton Meeker, known as "Richie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?