Saturday 3 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Monier and Siegfried Buback.
Shakuntala, directed by Suchet Singh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1920 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Charles Monier: France sport Champion.
- Siegfried Buback: German lawyer and politician Attorney General of Germany (d. 1977).
- Renato Carosone: Italian singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2001).
- New York Yankees purchase Babe Ruth from Boston Red Sox for $125,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?