Monday 7 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan D Kramer and Harry Chapin in New York City.
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1942 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Jonathan D Kramer: Composer.
- Harry Chapin in New York City: New York, USA; folk/rock singer/songwriter ("Taxi", "Cat's in the Craddle").
- Harry Chapin: American songwriter, balladeer, trumpeter, guitarist.
- Reginald Lewis: American businessman.
- Alex Johnson: American baseball player (d. 2015).
- Peter Tomarken: American game show host (Press Your Luck) (Born 1942)
- WWII: British commandos conduct Operation Frankton, a raid on shipping in Bordeaux harbour.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?