Sunday 27 December 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge July and Mike Heron.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1942 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Serge July: French journalist, founder of the daily Libération, director of the journal from 1976 - 2006, and a prominent figure in French politics.
- Mike Heron
- Thomas Menino: American politician, mayor of Boston.
- Raffaela De Carolis: Italian beauty queen, voted Miss Italy in 1962.
- Gray Davis: Politician.
- Ron Rothstein: American basketball player and coach.
- claus Schiprowski
- Byron Browne: American baseball player.
- Charmian Carr: American actress and singer.
- 1st Japanese women camp (Ambarawa) goes into use
- NFL Pro Bowl: NFL All-Stars beats Washington 17-14.
- The Union of Pioneers of Yugoslavia is founded.
- DDT is first used as a pesticide.
- C. S. Lewis publishes ''The Screwtape Letters''.