Sunday 13 December 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Barth and Howard Brenton.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Bill Barth: American musician, a guitar player known for Memphis country blues.
- Howard Brenton: English playwright and screenwriter.
- Anna Eshoo: American lawyer and politician.
- Seyss-Inquart allows Dutch Nazi Anton Mussert to call himself Leader.
- Washington Redskins defeat Chicago Bears 14-6, to win NFL title.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?