Thursday 17 December 1942US date format: 12/17/1942, UK date format: 17/12/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Wigand and Paul Butterfield.
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1942 ?
- Jeffrey Wigand: American hero, a man who emerged from...
- Paul Butterfield: American singer/harmonica player, dies...
- Dennis Conner: Athlete.
- Bernard Hill: Manchester -- Actor (Bellman & True, New...
- Donald L. Carcieri: Politician.
- Muhammadu Buhari: Nigerian general and politician 7th Head...
- Paul Butterfield in Chicago: Illinois, USA; blues musician (Better...
- Dick Murphy: Politician.
- Allies in London sentence German war criminals.
- The Allies issue the Joint Declaration by Members of the United Nations, the first time they publicly acknowledge the Holocaust.
- An avalanche in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania kills 26, including Vulcan Crucible Steel Co heir-apparent Samuel A. Stafford Sr., when two 100 ton boulders fall on a bus filled with wartime steel workers on their way home.
- An airplane carrying prominent Ustashe general Jure Francetić crashes. Francetić dies as result of the injuries on December 27.