Friday 22 September 1939US date format: 9/22/1939, UK date format: 22/9/1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 22, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Timothy E Wirth and Lance Morrow.
The Arizona Kid, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1939 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Lance Morrow: Writer.
- Timothy E Wirth: (Rep-D-Colorado, 1975- ).
- Mike Sullivan: American politician (Governor-Wyoming).
- Gilbert Earl Patterson: American minister (d. 2007).
- Bogdan Baltazar: Romanian economist and engineer (d....
- Deborah Lavin: South African-English historian and...
- Gilbert Patterson: American bishop (d. 2007).
- Junko Tabei: Japanese mountaineer, first female to...
- Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army in Brest-Litovsk at the end of the Invasion of Poland.