Sunday 5 January 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Solari and Pierre Veuillot.
Mama, directed by Andrés Muschietti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1913 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Laura Solari
- Pierre Veuillot: French Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Paris.
- Nejat Eczacıbaşı: Turkish-American chemist businessman and philanthropist founded Eczacıbaşı (d. 1993).
- First Balkan War: During the Naval Battle of Lemnos, Greek admiral Pavlos Kountouriotis forces the Turkish fleet to retreat to its base within the Dardanelles, from which it did not venture for the rest of the war.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt