Friday 17 January 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Coats in San Francisco and Werenfried [Flip].
The Lipton Cup: Introducing Sir Thomas Lipton, directed by Lem B. Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1913 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Claude Coats in San Francisco: California, USA; artist at Walt Disney Company 1935-89 for films, displays at Disneyland attractions, named a Disney Legend 1988.
- Werenfried [Flip]: van Straaten founder (Oostpriesterhulp).
- Raymond Froment: Lion sur Mer EXecutives.
- Carl Baermann composer: dies at age 73.
- Raymond Poincare is elected President of France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Say Not Love is a Dream - Olive Kline
- The Toymaker's Shop - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- Long, Long Ago - Geraldine Farrar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?