Sunday 26 January 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Prince and Jimmy Van.
Bärenringkampf, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1913 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- William Prince: Nichols, New York -- Actor (City in Fear, Cyrano de Bergerac).
- Jimmy Van: Heusen songwriter (Love and Marriage).
- Mario Riva: Italian TV personality, a highly noted host of an immensely popular contest show about popular music.
- Jimmy Van Heusen: American composer (Call Me Irresponsible), dies at age 77 (born 1913).
- Jim Thorpe relinquishes his 1912 Olympic medals for being a pro.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Row! Row! Row! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Ghost of the Violin - Peerless Quartet
- Homeland - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Oh Promise Me - Alan Turner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?