Thursday 9 January 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Nixon and Lavad "Dr Hepcat" Durst.
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1913 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?