Wednesday 15 January 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lloyd Bridges and Eugène Brands.
The Woman in White, directed by Tim Frywell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1913 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Lloyd Bridges: American actor with a successful career for over four decades.
- Eugène Brands: Dutch painter (d. 2002).
- Miriam Hyde: Australian pianist and composer (d. 2005).
- Alexander Marinesko: captain of the S-13 submarine, which sank the German ship Wilhelm Gustloff (d. 1963).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take, Oh Take Those Lips Away - John McCormack
- Long, Long Ago - Geraldine Farrar