Thursday 5 December 1940US date format: 12/5/1940, UK date format: 5/12/1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Ignatyev and Dave Hickey.
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1940 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Dave Hickey: Critic.
- Boris Ignatyev: Russian footballer and manager.
- Peter Pohl: Swedish author director and...
- Adrian Street: Welsh-American wrestler and actor.
- Frank Wilson: American singer-songwriter and producer...
- Jan Kubelik: Czech violinist (Born 1880).