Saturday 16 June 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Lins and Roger Menetrey.
Murder, He Says, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1945 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Ivan Lins
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago: Politician.
- Roger Menetrey
- Claire Alexander: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Lucienne Robillard: Canadian social worker and politician 59th Secretary of State for Canada.
- Aris Velouchiotis: Greek guerrilla resistance leader (Born 1905).
- 71st Preakness: Wayne D Wright aboard Polynesian wins in 1:58.8
- Boo Ferriss loses to Yanks 3-2 after starting his career with 8 wins
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Baia
- There! I've Said it Again - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra v Teddy Walters