Tuesday 6 January 1920, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doris Stokes and Jean Ipousteguy.
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1920 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Doris Stokes: British world famous medium and author of "Voices In My Ear" and more.
- Jean Ipousteguy
- Sun Myung Moon: Evangelist (Unification Church-Moonies).
- John Maynard Smith: English biologist (d. 2004).
- Jean-Robert Ipoustéguy: French sculptor, studied painting and drawing in Paris in 1938, under Robert Lesbounit.
- John Maynard Smith: Scientist.
- David Oberlin: Atchison Politician.
- John Smith: English biologist and geneticist (d. 2004).
- Early Wynn: American pro athlete, a baseball player who began his career in 1939 with the Washington Senators and retired his career in 1963 as a member of the Cleveland Indians.
- Earl Kim: Composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray