Monday 7 January 1929, Orthodox ChristmasUS date format: 1/7/1929, UK date format: 7/1/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Moore and Mario Bergamaschi.
I Kiss Your Hand Madame, directed by Robert Land, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1929 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Terry Moore: American actress, given a contract with Columbia while still in her teens.
- Mario Bergamaschi: Italian soccer champion, high profile with prestige and affluence.
- Douglas Kiker: NBC newsman (1970 Peabody Award).
- Kenneth Henry: United States -- 500m speed skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert Juniper: Australian painter and sculptor (d. 2012).
- Charles Colin: France sport Champion.
- Terry Moore [Helen Luella Koford] in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Little Sheba).
- Henry Arthur Jones: English playwright (Silver King), dies at 77.
- Buck Rogers, first sci-fi comic strip, premieres.
- Tarzan, one of the 1st adventure comic strips, 1st appears
- 1st telephone connection between Netherlands and East Indies
- Tarzan, one of the first adventure comic strips, first appears.