Saturday 26 January 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jules Feiffer in New York City and M R Turner.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1929 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Jules Feiffer in New York City: New York, USA; cartoonist (Passionella) author (Little Murders).
- M R Turner: Publisher.
- Gordon Solie: American wrestling commentator (d. 2000).
- Urda Arneberg: Norwegian actress.
- Douglas Easley: American actor and record producer.
- Elmer Kelton: American journalist and writer, known particularly for his Western novels.
- Paul Nelson: American musician and composer. His compositions — in all genres except opera — have been performed on four continents. A professional trumpet player, he also had sung in well over 20 choruses from Los Angeles to New York and Boston, as well as in Vienna and Paris, where he was a professional chorister in 1959-60. He went to Providence, Rhode Island in 1964 upon invitation to teach at Brown University, where he was associate professor of music theory and composition until 1983. Nelson died from
- Jules Feiffer: American cartoonist playwright screenwriter and educator
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?