Saturday 26 January 1929US date format: 1/26/1929, UK date format: 26/1/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M R Turner and Jules Feiffer in New York City.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1929 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Jules Feiffer in New York City: New York, USA; cartoonist (Passionella) author (Little Murders).
- M R Turner: Publisher.
- Gordon Solie: American wrestling commentator (d. 2000).
- Urda Arneberg: Norwegian actress.
- Douglas Easley: American actor and record producer.
- Elmer Kelton: American journalist and writer, known particularly for his Western novels.
- Paul Nelson: American musician and composer.
- Jules Feiffer: American cartoonist playwright screenwriter and educator.