Monday 14 January 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksander Petrovic and Billy Walker in Ralls.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1929 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Aleksander Petrovic: Film director.
- Billy Walker in Ralls: Texas, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Billy Walker: American country music singer and guitarist best known for his 1962 hit, "Charlie's Shoes".
- Cornelis W Lely: Dutch Governor of Suriname (1902-05), dies at age 74.
- Afghan King Amanullah is forced to resign.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?