Monday 14 January 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Ronfard and Aleksander Petrovic.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1929 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean-Pierre Ronfard
- Aleksander Petrovic: Film director.
- Billy Walker in Ralls: Texas, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Billy Walker: American country music singer and guitarist best known for his 1962 hit, "Charlie's Shoes".
- Cornelis W Lely: Dutch Governor of Suriname (1902-05), dies at age 74.
- Afghan King Amanullah is forced to resign.