Monday 14 January 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Ronfard and Aleksander Petrovic.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1929 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean-Pierre Ronfard
- Aleksander Petrovic: Film director.
- Billy Walker in Ralls: Texas, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Billy Walker: American country music singer and guitarist best known for his 1962 hit, "Charlie's Shoes".
- Cornelis W Lely: Dutch Governor of Suriname (1902-05), dies at age 74.
- Afghan King Amanullah is forced to resign.