Wednesday 9 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heiner Müller and Dorothea Puente.
I Kiss Your Hand Madame, directed by Robert Land, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1929 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Heiner Müller: German (formerly East German) dramatist, poet, writer, essayist and theatre director.
- Dorothea Puente: American serial killer.
- Phyllis Givens: American esoteric and medical astrologer who tried to achieve automatic writing for ten years before her breakthrough in 1977.
- Ulu Grosbard
- Tom Riley: American lawyer and politician (d. 2011).
- Brian Friel: Irish author playwright and director (d. 2015).
- Dorothea Montalvo: American homicide who, prior to her murder conviction, had forged checks as well as drugged and robbed old folks that she had met in bars.
- Heiner Muller: German dramatist (d. 1995).
- KDB-AM in Santa Barbara CA begins radio transmissions