Friday 25 January 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Faurisson and Gérard Eppelé.
Pandora's Box, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1929 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Robert Faurisson: French academic and holocaust denier.
- Gérard Eppelé
- Bill O'Brien: Politician.
- Mark Putney: American executive and CEO of Iowa Resources.
- Elizabeth Allen: American actress and singer (d. 2006).
- Benny Golson: American saxophonist and composer.