Sunday 13 January 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Anthony Pass and Wim Bary.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1929 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Joseph Anthony Pass: Guitarist.
- Wim Bary: Dutch actor / theater director (Nice Boys).
- Robert Garcia: France sport Champion.
- Francoise Prevost: French actress, journalist and author.
- René Thomas: French banker, president of BNP (Banque nationale de Paris) from 1982 to 1993.
- Humanist Society established, in Hollywood, California.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?