Sunday 6 January 1929, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1929, UK date format: 6/1/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Rogers Clark and Wilbert Harrison.
I Kiss Your Hand Madame, directed by Robert Land, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1929 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Wilbert Harrison: R & B singer (Kansas City).
- Anne Rogers Clark: American dog breeder and trainer (d. 2006).
- Eugène Brunet: French astrologer, author of the book "Dieu parle aux hommes par les astres" (Montorgueil, 1995).
- Jean-Lucien Maurel: French pedophile priest.
- Karl Windhorst: Germany Actor.
- Anne Clark: American dog breeder and trainer (d. 2006).
- Babrak Karmal: Prime Minister of Afghanistan (1980-81), dies at age 67.
- Nicolas Nikolayevitch: grand-duke of Russia, dies at age 72.
- Alexander I establishes a royal dictatorship in Yugoslavia.
- Mother Teresa arrives in Calcutta to begin her work among India's poorest and sick people.