Wednesday 23 January 1929US date format: 1/23/1929, UK date format: 23/1/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Hoeffel and John Polanyi in Berlin.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1929 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Daniel Hoeffel
- John Polanyi in Berlin: Germany; Canadian chemist (Nobel Prize 1986).
- Patriarch Filaret (Mykhailo Denysenko) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church: Kiev Patriarch.
- Phillip Knightley: Australian journalist, critic, and non-fiction author.
- John Charles Polanyi: Scientist.
- Henri Entringer: France sport Champion.
- Filaret : Ukrainian patriarch.
- Myron Cope: American journalist and sportscaster (d. 2008).
- John Polanyi: German-Canadian scientist, a physical chemist who has taught at the University of Toronto since 1956.