Wednesday 23 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Polanyi in Berlin and Patriarch Filaret (Mykhailo Denysenko) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1929 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- John Polanyi in Berlin: Germany; Canadian chemist (Nobel Prize 1986).
- Patriarch Filaret (Mykhailo Denysenko) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church: Kiev Patriarch.
- Phillip Knightley: Australian journalist, critic, and non-fiction author.
- John Polanyi: German-Canadian scientist, a physical chemist who has taught at the University of Toronto since 1956.
- Henri Entringer: France sport Champion.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?